Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back so soon?

Yes, I went back to Japan, again... From December 13 to December 29, 2009 I spent my winter break once again playing in Japan. My last time in Japan for Christmas was actually two years ago, not last year when I studied abroad. Two years ago was my first time visiting International Christian University, the small liberal arts college that I came to love so much last year. At that time when I first visited it was night time, the trees had lost all of their leaves and I had only one friend there. It was lonely then, and it was lonely this time too. Being back on campus help me to realize that I didn't make many friends among the four year students at ICU. Even with my dorm mates who are supposed to be like brothers forever, I could feel a large distance between us. Maybe it would be different if our dorm, First Men's Dorm was still standing and we could have the spatial familiarity that bonded us. However even without the traditional drinking party they were supposed to throw for me, I had the pleasure of being in the presences of the Dai-Ichi boys again. To be honest I hadn't made any plans to meet up with them(no wonder I made no lasting friendships). The remaining ICU students are unchanged. But what can be expected from only 6 months? It was fun to see this years exchange students. I didn't talk to any of them, but when I past them they gave me a glace like I was one of them, yet different at the same time.

I am going to be writing a few entries over the next couple of days. I think it is going to take me a while to get warmed up. So sorry in advanced.

No comments: